Monday 21 May 2007

Bachelor weekend Ralph

This weekend my friends (Jp, Dennis and Jeroen) and girlfriend surprised me with my bachelor weekend. Asia let me believe we were going on four day holiday. She already wouldn't tell me the destination before we went, but she said it was a suprise! Well she didn't lie ;-)

First Asia and I went in the direction of Germany (I still didn't knew where we were going), and she showed my a flyer of Poland, and said that was our destination. Although I was happy to go on holiday, but all the way to Poland??(1100 km!!)

Soon Asia told me that she would like to have some coffee at a gasstation, so I said one was coming up. But no, Asia wanted to go to the bigger Shell station. I said it wasn't bigger, but Asia really liked the coffee at the Shell. I don't drink coffee so, she could told me anything.

When we arrived at the gasstation and went in the shops Asia asked me if I needed to go to the bathroom. I replied no, and she asked again. Women!! I didn't go, and went to buy some magazines. Then Asia came to me and said she was going to the bathroom. I said sure, and went on with my business. I payed at the register, and start walking to the car.

When I came outside there was a big surprise. My car was gone!!!!! But strangly my bag was still lying where the car was!!?????? Suddenly in my right corner I saw somebody duck away. I thought it was somebody who maybe had something to do with it, so I stepped in that direction. Then I saw somebody with a camera and it dawned on my. The guys and Asia fooled me good!!

After saying goodbye to Asia later on, we went on a road trip! The still kept the story that we were going to Poland, but as soon as Jeroen took a different turn I noticed we were not going to Poland. I know the road to Poland a the back of my hand! We were going to Berlin!!!

We stayed at the Three Little Pigs. We had to share the bedroom with a great 50+ year old swedish women, who was in Berlin for a Tai Chi class. Although we hoped for some young people she was nice enough, and she even drunk a beer with us.

Thursday evening started good with drinking beer, eating pizza and playing pool in the "living room" of the hostel. We met some Dutch students and had a laugh and some drinks with them. After dinner we went up the room, and started playing cards. Rody, who coulnd't come due to work, was so cool to provide us with 25 0,5L Zywiec. Thanks again Rody!! Around ten o'clock we went looking for a bar! After a while we came into a boring bar, drunk one beer and asked for a better bar, hahaha!! The next place was great!! They had a basement with two table fussball. We met some great people, had a lot of beer, and some wodka. It was a great evening!

Friday morning was not one of my best mornings. After breakfast the guys just planned a peacefull day to see the city. Berlin is a great city. You really can feel the history this city has to offer! The weather was great and the sun was shining all the time. Sometimes we had some problem to see


In the evening we went to a BBQ restaurants and had a nice dinner. We ended the night in a disco with 12 difference areas with different music. So we danced on 90's music, drunk beer on German schlager music, and closed the disco going crazy on Tiësto! Nobody can beat Dutch house music!! In the early morning we came in the hostel, and slept like a baby.

Saturday morning I felt great. No pain at all :-D The guys wouldn't tell me what was the plan for today, but the had a nice suit for me to wear.


We went to Potsdam where we would rent bikes. Unfortunatelly their were no bikes any more, so we went on a tour bus. It was funny, and a great way to rest and still see something. We also went to the palaces in the park. Can't remember the name anymore ;-)

In the evening we first went eat at a Thai restaurant which was sublime!! After dinner everybody still felt tired of the two nights before. So we decided to buy some beers and just go sit in the room and drink beer. But of course after a few beers, we felt like more. Luckly you could buy beer at the reception. Soon we where out of beer again, but again Rody came to the rescue, because he also provided us with a bottle of Wodka!! In the picture below you can see that beer and Wodka doesn't go well


Around three o'clock I went to bed. Jp and Jeroen found a bottle of Rose and kept talking to our two Irish roommates. Well the found that maybe that wasn't a good idea on sunday, haha

Sunday we went home. The weekend was great. This was it, my bachelor weekend!! The trip home was long, and it was great to be home with my baby again!! Thanks guys for the great weekend!!

Look for more pictures here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, u totaly forgot to mention we did Karaoke!!! We sang "Pretty Woman" in front of a few dozens of drunk German people. Hahahaha...